Sunday, September 27, 2009
Girls night in
So it was time for Brian to leave on his annual trip with his Dad and Brother. Don't worry, I stayed at the house and didn't drive much this year. If you remember last year while he was out of town I got in a wreck with Kennedy and Oaklan in the car. I was joking about how I shouldn't drive while he's gone and wouldn't you know those 7 year old ears were listening. Later when I went to get in the car to drive somewhere Kennedy informed me that I couldn't drive when Dad was gone. We survived without him and actually both kids were really good. Oaklan had been a stinker the few days before Brian left and I was really worried that I would lose my mind while he was gone. Oaklan was great, he took 4 hour naps on Thursday and Friday. That sure helps. Friday night I didn't have anything planned so I wrote up a little invitation for a sleepover. I put it in an envelope and gave it to Kennedy when she came home from school. Kennedy was invited to sleepover in Mom's bed that night. She loved it. She picked out a movie to watch and then I don't know why but both kids fell asleep right away. I moved Oaklan to his crib and went to bed. Kennedy slept sideways in the bed with her feet kicking me all night. We all know, sleeping with kids isn't fun. Normally we get together as girls and see a movie or go to dinner. This year the Women's conference fell on that weekend. So everyone except me went to conference. I didn't want to find a babysitter or take the kids with me. So we went and picked up take out and met them at Grandma's house for dinner. Then we still got to chat a little and relax. Then Sunday the boys came home. I'm so glad when Daddy comes home, glad as I can be! I clap my hands and shout for joy....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment