
I can't believe 7 years have come and gone so fast. And more than that I can't believe we will have a baptism next year. I remember when Kennedy was an infant and I wanted to pierce her ears. Her Dad thought that maybe we should save that occasion as a "right of passage" type activity and maybe do it when she turned 8. Well that day is coming alot quicker than I ever expected.
Kennedy is a very smart girl. She is an excellent reader and likes to read (but only on her own terms and not as forced homework.) We have been lucky as she finds most homework easy. We struggle with spelling because it actually requires some work and doesn't come as easy to her but we are working on make that fun. We have come to the conclusion that she doesn't like sports. She doesn't want to play soccer anymore and has no interest in the game. (She has a few more games this season to finish up). Kennedy loves computer games and her DS games. She loves the Disney Channel. She likes to jump on her tramp. And lately she has started to enjoy drawing.
I have to apologize to Kennedy this year. She really didn't get the best birthday celebration. May 3rd happened to be the day that her new cousin Megan was blessed so we spent the day with family down in Provo. We didn't plan to celebrate with a family birthday party until later. But she also has a cousin Carson who's birthday is May 3rd so we kinda ended up with a birthday celebration at the baby blessing. She got a few gifts from family and we used the brownies as the cake and put candles in it. The rest of the week will be full of Wedding activities for Brett and Amber. I have promised her that we will take her and a friend out and celebrate sometime after Mothers Day. Brian's side of the family has a summer full of birthdays. Four in June. So we have decided to have a summer fun day at Toad's and instead of getting gifts for each kid we will just spend the money on the activities so she still has that to look forward to.
Happy Birthday Kennedy - We love you!
1 comment:
Aren't they growing fast?
The birthdays are all easy until that baptism...that's when they start to grow up, and so many more fears come up....
Post a Comment