It's the annual Greenwell reunion. The Greenwell reunion is quite the event. It's about 300 people that get together and camp for a few days. It's Staci's Dad's side of the family, all of his cousins. This is such a big event that we elect a President, Vice Presidents, and we have family reps from each of the 6 different families involved that form a committee. I have been "serving" as my family rep for 3 years. Anyway, our family grocery buyers resigned this year and somehow, because I had experience, I got volunteered to be the new grocery buyer. Doesn't sound like that big of a deal until you realize that it's 4 meals for 300 people. I was freaked out. But luckily, I have the best family ever! Brian and I, and Mom and Dad, and my cousin Tammy got it all taken care of. Only two trips to Sam's Club, one trip to the local grocery store during the reunion, and $1600 later it's all done. I think once a routine is established it really isn't that big a deal. We spent alot of time organizing and trying to get things in an order where everyone understood where the groceries were and what was to be used at each meal. We still had some errors, but I'll improve upon that next year.
We always borrow Brian's parents travel trailer and Brian is so wonderful at taking care of all of that stuff. I don't even have to think about the trailer and if it's ready or not. I just put my makeup and clothes in it an off we go. I take Brian for granted way too much. Thanks for all your hard work HONEY!
The family reserves the Memorial Park campground, by Causey Dam in South Fork, from Wed-Mon. Most of the family comes for the weekend. The family provides the Friday night meal, Saturday Breakfast, a Saturday Dinner, and Sunday Breakfast. Friday night there is a kid's carnival. Saturday there is a kids store, the family auction (which raises all the money for the campground and food), and a Saturday night live talent show. Sunday they hold a devotional. Because I was so busy with the groceries and a one year old I didn't relax and take any pictures. Kennedy had fun as always with her cousins.
Here are the photos they took at the Carnival. They turned out super cute.

No comments:
Post a Comment