Sunday, July 19, 2009

Verne Greenwell Reunion

So we had the big Greenwell reunion a few weeks ago and that's all my Dad's cousins. Since my Grandpa Verne died a few years ago we have been having a Verne Greenwell reunion with just my Dad's siblings. It's turning into quite the fun campout. More relaxing than the big reunion because it's not scheduled. And there's enough siblings that we each take a meal and that's all we have to worry about. For the past few years we have been camping at Hyrum Reservoir. One of my uncles has a boat and he takes groups of cousins out to play. There are a few cousins Kennedy's age so she stays entertained and there are cousins Oaklan's age so when they are bigger he will be entertained too. It's a clean campground with grass and toilets and showers. We got to take our new trailer for it's first campout. I was so excited to try it out. Since it has the slide in it there is enough room I can put the baby's play pen in it and that's where he slept and I didn't have to worry about him falling off a bed. Kennedy was going to get to pick from either the couch or the table to sleep on and guess what she chose. She slept in a tent with her cousin. What! A nice new trailer and she slept in a tent. Actually we were so proud of her because that was the first time she slept away from mom and dad. We have asked her if she would sleep over at Grandma Jan's house. No way. She had never been apart from us at night. And the best part was she stayed there two nights without coming into the trailer scared. It's amazing what having the examples of cousins does for her courage. Still can't get her out in the tube. She just takes after her mother when it comes to water. But she goes in the boat and likes to be the flag holder. I forgot to take pictures, I don't think I even took up the camera. These two pictures are from my phone.

Oaklan splashing on the beach

Just plain tuckered out. (On the way home)


Two bad things about this trip. First we picked a weekend with tempatures over 100 degrees. Not the best weekend to go without air conditioning. Second, we discovered that the previous owners of our trailer did not completely drain the tanks before they sold it so it has been sitting and has nasty drains. We will have to do some major cleaning I guess.

Overall, we had a blast, wish we had more pics!

No comments: